Deputy President William Ruto arrived safely at the Kapenguria Level 5 hospital, West Pokot County on Monday, November 25, despite bad weather reports that prevented a section of state officials from accessing the area.
Ruto's presence in the region aroused questions of how he managed to access the hospital yet Interior CS Fred Matiang'i had earlier indicated that the area was inaccessible due to bad weather.
"State officers, including CS Eugene Wamalwa, IG Hillary Mutyambai, Rift Valley RC George Natembeya and I have been compelled to land at Eldoret Int'l Airport on our way to West Pokot due to inclement weather. We hope to make there soon to appraise recovery and response operations and make possible adjustments," Matiang'i stated.
The DP joined jubilee leaders, Kipchumba Murkomen, Aaron Cheruiyot, McDonald Mariga, and Oscar Sudi to condole the families of the victims of the deadly landslides that devastated the county following a heavy downpour.
As of November 25, Citizen Digital reported that 47 people had been confirmed dead starting Saturday, November 23.
Operations to relocate and cater to the affected families were ongoing aided by the county government, the national government and the Kenya Red Cross.
- Imageexposed1 April 2020 - 9:51 am
- ImageCovid-191 April 2020 - 9:32 am
- Imageunfortunate1 April 2020 - 9:16 am
- Imageheartbreaking1 April 2020 - 8:38 am
- Imagenick of time1 April 2020 - 7:58 am
- ImageMy Take1 April 2020 - 7:33 am
- Imageintervention1 April 2020 - 7:50 am
- Imagesecond chance31 March 2020 - 8:37 pm
- Imageon the radar1 April 2020 - 7:27 am
- Imagelifeline31 March 2020 - 7:18 pm
- Imagerubbish31 March 2020 - 6:51 pm
- Imagediplomatic tiff31 March 2020 - 7:26 pm