Residents of Thika Town were on Saturday, November 30, served with an early Christmas gift after a beer truck was involved in an accident.
Reports reaching our news desk indicate that the lorry transporting beer collided with a Kenya Mpya bus just opposite Buffalo Grill.
Police were forced to lob teargas at the crowd as they tried to tame the rowdy youth who were determined to have a taste of the alcohol.
The residents tried to brave the teargas in order to quench their thirst, but the police were relentless in maintaining order at the scene of the accident.
It was not clear whether the accident had any casualties.
In a related incident, residents of Roysambu, along Thika Superhighway, were on the morning of Saturday, October 5, 2019, treated to free beer after a truck ferrying the commodity overturned.
Police had a tough time controlling thirsty Kenyans who streamed to the scene of the accident.
The residents who seemed oblivious to the danger of broken glass were seen wading over the crates, searching for the beer.
- latest report1 October 2020 - 3:30 pm
- raid1 October 2020 - 3:50 pm
- Outcry1 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Power play1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- facts1 October 2020 - 2:22 pm
- Listen Up1 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- New Directives1 October 2020 - 4:18 pm
- destroyed1 October 2020 - 1:39 pm
- god's plan1 October 2020 - 12:37 pm
- making a living1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Nerve-wracking1 October 2020 - 12:27 pm
- Alert1 October 2020 - 11:48 am