Kenyan Record-Breaking Athlete Involved in Grisly Accident [PHOTOS]
Former World Marathon Record Holder Wilson Kipsang was on Sunday, December 8, involved in a grisly road accident.
The accident occurred along Eldoret-Iten Road where the marathoner's car was extensively damaged.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, his Sports Management team, Volare Sports, stated that the athlete escaped the accident unscathed.
"He is fine. He didn't get injured in the crash," the management stated.
Kipsang is the former world record holder in the marathon with a time of 2:03:23, which he set at the 2013 Berlin Marathon.
His record was broken by Eliud Kipchoge with a time of 2:01:39, set on 16 September 2018, at the 2018 Berlin Marathon.
Kipsang has had an impressive record in the 42km race over the years, bagging several titles.
The father of four is a two-time winner of the Frankfurt Marathon (2010 and 2011) and has also won the London Marathon (2012 and 2014), New York Marathon (2014), and Tokyo Marathon (2017).
He is also a bronze medallist in the marathon at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
For the 2020 season, his goal is to represent Kenya in the Olympics.
"If I get a chance, I want to represent Kenya in Olympic Games that will be held in Japan," he stated during an interview on KTN.
- 21 January 2020 - 7:53 am
- 21 January 2020 - 7:34 am
- 21 January 2020 - 7:18 am
- 20 January 2020 - 7:58 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 7:48 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 6:11 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 4:26 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 4:03 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 3:45 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 3:35 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 4:44 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 5:27 pm