On Tuesday, December 10, a middle-aged man was arrested for trying to block President Uhuru Kenyatta's convoy.
K24 Digital was first to report that the president's motorcade was on State House Road in Nairobi, when the suspect, Uvinalies Nyabuto, stood in front of the convoy with a placard seeking to join the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF).
“Your Excellency, kindly offer [me] a chance to join the Kenya Defence Forces. [I] am sorry for disrespect[ing] your security [sic]. Please, Mr President. [My name is] Nyabuto," read the placard.
At the time, the president was headed back to State House from KICC where he had attended a two-day 9th African Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Summit.
Nyabuto, whose placard was confiscated, is being held at Kilimani Police Station.
On June 10, 2019, a man who tried intruding State House, Brian Bera, was shot by security officers in the premises.
The university student was injured by police officers after he reportedly jumped over State House fence, armed with a knife. He was freed on a personal bond of Ksh100,000.
Magistrate Francis Andayi released him on July 4, 2019, on condition that his father would take good care of him in Eldoret where Bera was scheduled to undergo treatment at Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital.
In response to the incident, State House Spokesperson Kanze Dena reminded Kenyans that the area was protected and not open to the public.
- Shed Light5 August 2020 - 4:31 pm
- new frontier5 August 2020 - 3:46 pm
- Genius5 August 2020 - 3:42 pm
- family matters5 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- Surge5 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- adapting5 August 2020 - 2:41 pm
- fiery5 August 2020 - 2:54 pm
- time to upgrade5 August 2020 - 1:57 pm
- for life5 August 2020 - 1:37 pm
- Fruitless5 August 2020 - 12:57 pm
- Magnificent5 August 2020 - 12:41 pm
- striking gold5 August 2020 - 12:26 pm