Siaya High Court Judge Roseline Aburili has made new demands on two of the arraigned murder suspects in The Star journalist Eric Oloo's murder probe.
Reports from Daily Nation on December 12, indicated that the two suspects, who are brothers, must undergo a mental evaluation at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital before they can stand trial.
The Luta brothers, Franklin Joel Luta and Victor Ogola Luta are accused of attacking the slain journalist leading to his death.
She further stated that the two would remain in custody for the next eight days while they undergo the evaluation.
According to detectives, Oloo’s killers had banged his head on the wall of a gate, which explained the wounds and kicked him in the stomach, based on his abdominal injuries.
He is suspected to have succumbed not so long after midnight on November 21, 2019.
The investigators suspected a love triangle as he had been cohabiting with a woman who was one of the initial suspects in the case.
The slain journalist's family cried foul that the female suspect, identified as Chief Police Inspector Sabina Kerubo family, whose residence the murder was believed to have taken place, was turned to a state witness.
Kerubo was placed in police custody following a directive by Siaya Principal Magistrate James On’gondo whose verdict was that she be detained on December 9, 2019.
Police are relying on a testimony from Kerubo's house help and teenage daughter, alongside that of the police officer who arrested Franklin in his Mutumbu home within Yala.
- lovebirds10 August 2020 - 6:36 pm
- New Horizons10 August 2020 - 6:05 pm
- close shave10 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- watch out10 August 2020 - 5:12 pm
- City Tour10 August 2020 - 5:08 pm
- Anticipated Return10 August 2020 - 4:02 pm
- stranded10 August 2020 - 2:49 pm
- latest10 August 2020 - 2:27 pm
- furious10 August 2020 - 1:29 pm
- Ultimatums10 August 2020 - 1:09 pm
- By a Whisker10 August 2020 - 1:21 pm
- the journey10 August 2020 - 12:56 pm