Barbados Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley was President Uhuru Kenyatta's special guest for Jamhuri Day celebrations on December 12, 2019.
According to her Facebook post, the Barbadian leader was fascinated by the manner in which she was received at Nyayo Stadium.
Mottley, visiting Kenya for the first time, was impressed by Ruto who attended to her as she arrived.
"I was very proud to be the special guest at this year’s Jamhuri Day celebrations, which are being led by President Uhuru Kenyatta and First Lady Margaret Kenyatta at Nyayo National Stadium," she stated.
She shared photos of the event where she acknowledged other leaders but appreciated the fact that the deputy president took his time to walk her to the VIP dias.
"Also seen in these photos is a gentleman shaking my hand who later escorts me onto the red carpet. That gentleman is the Vice (Deputy) President of Kenya, His Excellency William Ruto. Behind him is Kenya's Foreign Minister (CS) Monica Juma," she captioned.
The reception by the DP was a unique occurrence as the president's past special guests, specifically President of Togo Faure Gnassingbé and the King of Jordan Abdullah II were both welcomed by the military representatives and then Foreign Affairs CS Amina Mohammed.
After the celebrations on Thursday, December 12, 2019, PM Mottley later joined President Kenyatta and DP Ruto at State House, where the head of state conferred orders, decorations, medals and awards to exemplary Kenyans.
Among those who were awarded by the president was teacher Peter Tabichi.
- phased reopening28 September 2020 - 7:23 pm
- New Guidelines28 September 2020 - 6:07 pm
- All in28 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- in hindsight28 September 2020 - 6:17 pm
- updates28 September 2020 - 5:03 pm
- M.I.A28 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Nerve-wracking28 September 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Behind Bars28 September 2020 - 2:51 pm
- living large28 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Reprieve28 September 2020 - 1:48 pm
- New Captain28 September 2020 - 1:50 pm
- make room28 September 2020 - 12:45 pm