Gatundu MP Moses Kuria on Saturday, December 14, attacked Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua over a statement released by Maendelo Chap Chap Party on the state of the 'handshake'.
In the statement, the party had claimed that former Machakos Senator Johnstone Muthama and the Wiper Party were planning to scuttle the positive strides the handshake has made, by joining forces with Deputy President William Ruto.
"During the morning show on Musyi FM, former Senator Muthama in his usual disrespectful foul and dictatorial tone, among other issues, stated that the Wiper Party will no longer work with ODM leader Raila," the statement by MCC read in part.
The statement drew a response from Kuria who took to social media to criticise it.
"The statement by Alfred Mutua is a tragic-comedy from a stale comedian," the politician stated in a post on his Facebook page.
The MP alleged that Mutua and his party were selling his community to the highest bidder, adding that Kalonzo Musyoka's stint as vice president during retired President Mwai Kibaki's term was a good deal.
He further claimed that after Kibaki's era, the community had always been short-changed by being aligned with the 'lowest bidder'.
"From that time, the community was sold, yes, but to the lowest bidder, Raila Odinga, who consigned them to wallow in the miasma of the opposition twice, abandoned them like expired muthokoi and rushed to eat nzuu in Harambee House alone," Kuria added.
- phased reopening28 September 2020 - 7:23 pm
- New Guidelines28 September 2020 - 6:07 pm
- All in28 September 2020 - 5:53 pm
- in hindsight28 September 2020 - 6:17 pm
- updates28 September 2020 - 5:03 pm
- M.I.A28 September 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Nerve-wracking28 September 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Behind Bars28 September 2020 - 2:51 pm
- living large28 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Reprieve28 September 2020 - 1:48 pm
- New Captain28 September 2020 - 1:50 pm
- make room28 September 2020 - 12:45 pm