Someone once stated that travelling leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.
This is exactly what happened in the case of Slawek Muturi - a Kenyan traveller who has broken several records.
According to an interview conducted by renown Kenyan journalist Alex Chamwada, Muturi has covered the planet not just once but twice.
"I visited every one of the 195 member states of the United Nations because that's how I define a country, he stated.
"So I visited all the countries in the world not only once but twice. Which probably makes me the first person in the world to achieve that," he added.
Born of the union between his Kenyan father and Polish mother, Muturi went on to reveal that he has always had a sense of adventure.
The St Mary's alumnus revealed that he was at the school alongside notable names in the country such as President Uhuru Kenyatta and Baringo Senator Gideon Moi.
Despite his remarkable fete, his most outrageous trip was one he made in 1989 in the company of two college friends. They drove all the way from Poland to Nairobi.
"In 1989 we drove a Land Rover from Poland to Kenya with two Polish university friends," he disclosed.
The distance between the capital of the two countries stands at a whopping 9,360.8 kilometres and in current road conditions would take one 145 hours to complete driving non-stop.
He claimed he wanted to visit the country and reminisce about his childhood, having been brought up in Ngong, some 30km from Nairobi.
The travel enthusiast revealed that he can speak 12 languages among them Polish, English, Swahili, and Kikuyu.
Here's the insightful interview of Slawek Muturi:
- surrender12 August 2020 - 8:18 pm
- road carnage12 August 2020 - 8:14 pm
- boost12 August 2020 - 7:11 pm
- painful12 August 2020 - 7:10 pm
- no more patience12 August 2020 - 6:41 pm
- all angles12 August 2020 - 6:23 pm
- Nabbed12 August 2020 - 5:56 pm
- big man bazu12 August 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Gikomba Chaos12 August 2020 - 5:33 pm
- pimp my ride12 August 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Strength of a Woman12 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- loading12 August 2020 - 3:58 pm