Leaders allied to Deputy President William Ruto were on Tuesday, January 14 locked out of a presidential function in Nakuru County.
Among the leaders denied access were Nakuru Senator Susan Kihika and Nakuru Town East MP David Gikaria.
They were on their way to the event at the Regional Commissioner’s grounds in Nakuru Town East where President Uhuru Kenyatta was scheduled to issue title deeds.
"Earlier today the area MP Hon Gikaria and I were refused entry into a public function where the President will be issuing Title Deeds to the people of Nakuru County.
"We were informed that orders from above are that we cannot be allowed entry because we belong to an unwanted faction" Kihika confirmed with a post on her Facebook page.
The senator sarcastically referenced the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) fronted by Uhuru and Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) leader Raila Odinga and its agenda of uniting the nation and promoting inclusivity.
"Meanwhile we are building bridges and uniting the nation," she wrote after struggling to get into the event.
Gikaria was seen in a heated argument with several General Service Unit (GSU) officers at the entrance to the event.
The leaders were spotted outside the gate with security officials not willing to grant them entry.
Both of the leaders are vocal members of the Tangatanga faction of the Jubilee Party allied to Ruto.
The events were further confirmed by Dennis Itumbi, Secretary of Innovation, Digital and Diaspora Communication in the Office of the President who shared images of the leaders outside the function.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm