Ian Waiguru, the eldest son to Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru, has managed to keep a low profile despite her mother being one of the most renowned politicians in Kenya.
Ian, who is a student at the University of Salford in England, is also the founder and CEO of an IT company by the name Something Inc.
The company mainly focuses on software development and creative solutions and further houses two more of his projects.
The other two projects are Kila Kadi and Lion Arts. Kila Kadi is a business card replacement app while Lion Arts is a creative writing and illustrative publishing venture.
Ian describes himself as a man with a passion for creation.
During TedxYouth Talks at his former school, Brookhouse, Ian stated that his mother had inspired him to start the company.
"What makes me different from other people in my age group is that I'm an entrepreneur.
"My mother approached me this summer and said, why don't you do something with your life, start your business, start your company and I thought to myself, I am student and I'm still young, I can't do this but she forced me into it anyway because she is my mother," he stated.
He added that he created the company in only two months and advised his peers to set goals and look forward to achieving them.
"The road to your dreams is a tunnel. Your goals are your flashlight in the tunnel, but most of the time you are holding your flashlight backward making you stand still and not make that half a step, in order to reach your destination," he stated in his talk.
- influential8 August 2020 - 9:22 am
- Heartwarming8 August 2020 - 9:14 am
- Poked Holes8 August 2020 - 8:19 am
- nabbed8 August 2020 - 7:37 am
- Long Wait8 August 2020 - 7:16 am
- new boss in town7 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
- no way7 August 2020 - 6:18 pm
- glued to the screen7 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- double tragedy7 August 2020 - 4:33 pm
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- bold7 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm