Magoha made the changes through a special Kenya Gazette CCXII-No. 10 on Friday, January 17.
The Ministry of Education also released a statement which informed that Magoha appointed Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance, Planning and Development) Professor Isaac Meroka Mbeche as acting VC.
"In addition to revoking the entire council with immediate effect, Magoha revoked the appointment of Prof. Stephen Gitahi Kiama as the vice chancellor of The University of Nairobi until the ongoing consultative process of appointing a substantive vice chancellor is completed. Prof. Kiama will continue dispensing his duties as deputy vice chancellor in charge of human resource and administration at the university.
"He also appointed Prof Isaac Meroka Mbeche to the position of acting vice chancellor with immediate effect, pending the conclusion of the process of appointment of a substantive vice chancellor," the press release stated.
Among the council members whose appointments were revoked are Dr Julia Ojiambo, who served as the chairperson of the council. Flora Mtuweta Mighulo, Jocelyn Marie Rarieya, Hassan Abdi Mohamud, Isaac Chebon Kiprop and Kariuki Muchemi.
Professor Kiama had beaten Deputy Vice-Chancellor Prof Madara Ogot and Prof Patricia G. Kameri Mbote to the VC post on Monday, December 6, 2020, before his appointment was revoked.
- Can't Take it28 February 2021 - 7:00 pm
- worrying28 February 2021 - 6:24 pm
- Take Note28 February 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Surge28 February 2021 - 4:55 pm
- deja vu28 February 2021 - 4:30 pm
- wrangles28 February 2021 - 5:23 pm
- Remarkable28 February 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Filicide28 February 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Intervention28 February 2021 - 3:35 pm
- match day28 February 2021 - 3:10 pm
- Unruly28 February 2021 - 2:23 pm
- Take Note28 February 2021 - 1:58 pm