Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru strongly rooted for the implementation of the Building Bridges Initiative report as she addressed members of the public on Saturday, January 18.
She was addressing the Western Kenya BBI consultative meeting held at Bukhungu Stadium in Kakamega, which was presided over by ODM leader Raila Odinga and host, Kakamega Governor Wycliffe Oparanya.
Waiguru reiterated that the BBI was the sole means through which Kenya would achieve a constitutional framework that addresses many of the thorny issues that the country has grappled with.
She stated that Mt Kenya was in support of the initiative aimed at uniting Kenyans and bringing to an end a cycle of disharmony brought about by the fight for top leadership.
The Kirinyaga governor asserted that the region was engaging the report and was ready to pass it when the time comes.
She informed that BBI sought to address pertinent issues that touch on the lives of residents of every region.
She thanked President Uhuru Kenyatta and former Prime Minister Raila Odinga for the handshake that has seen Kenya experience peace.
"Kenya is bigger than any one person and we should support the initiative that creates room for unity and inclusivity," Waiguru spoke.
She said that the proposal to have alternative gender representation in top leadership positions was a welcome move that should be supported.
The function was graced by Bungoma Senator Moses Wetangula, ANC leader Musalia Mudavadi, COTU Secretary General Francis Atwoli, Devolution CS Eugene Wamalwa, governors, senators and a host of other leaders from the country.
Western Kenya region validated and presented its amendments to Busia Senator Amos Wako, a member of the BBI Taskforce.
- Another promise26 September 2020 - 2:00 pm
- here's why26 September 2020 - 2:15 pm
- sporty26 September 2020 - 12:49 pm
- angered26 September 2020 - 12:25 pm
- Alert26 September 2020 - 12:21 pm
- Hillarious26 September 2020 - 12:08 pm
- puzzling26 September 2020 - 11:12 am
- go away26 September 2020 - 11:31 am
- Tragic26 September 2020 - 9:46 am
- tough hardle26 September 2020 - 8:44 am
- His Take26 September 2020 - 8:33 am
- Power play26 September 2020 - 7:36 am