Embakasi East MP Paul Ongili alias Babu Owino issued a short statement following the shooting incident that led to his arrest and a subsequent attempted murder charge.
In a tweet sent out via his official page on Monday, January 20, the legislator demanded that justice be served upon him over an incident he termed as an occupational hazard.
"I urge Kenyans to wait for my side of the story of what happened when I come from my new home at Industrial Area Prison. I also need justice and it must be served to me. Meanwhile, these are occupational hazards," a post on his Twitter handle read.
His latest message came on the day he was arraigned at the Milimani Law Courts where he pleaded not guilty to the attempted murder charge leveled against him that carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment.
The vocal MP went on to share various situations he felt were part and parcel of his life as a public servant.
"A politician must always prepare for the following occupational hazards: 1. Must be prepared to serve his people 2. Must be prepared to go to jail 3. Must be prepared to take an asylum 4. Must be prepared to Die 5. Must be prepared to enjoy.
Speaking during the hearing, Justice Francis Andayi went on to order that the MP be detained for seven days, with his case set to be heard on January 27.
Babu's arrest had caused quite a stir, with police officers on Saturday, January 18, being forced to move him from his detention cell at Kilimani Police Station to Gigiri Police Station, after what was termed as a plan by his supporters to storm Kilimani to demand his release.
His case involving a shooting incident at B-Club in Kilimani, Nairobi on January 17, took a new twist as investigators launched a search for an unidentified woman who was seen in the leaked nightclub footage.
"From the available CCTV clips, we believe that the woman has crucial information on what transpired on that night," an investigator stationed at the Kilimani precinct stated.
- Imageirate22 February 2020 - 8:50 pm
- ImageStay Away!22 February 2020 - 8:40 pm
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm