UPDATE: February 18, 2020, 2.50 p.m. The three Mandera County executives who were fired by Governor Ali Ibrahim Roba have sued him, claiming they were not issued notices or given reasons for their firing, according to a report by the Daily Nation.
Governor Roba sent home three county executives and a chief officer in a bid to restructure his government on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
According to a report on Daily Nation, he terminated the services of Trade and Industrialisation executive Abdiaziz Sheikh Maad, his Agriculture Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation counterpart Johora Abdi and Gender and Social Services colleague Shamsa Mohammed.
The chief officer for Health Sevices, Hassan Mohamed Ahmed, was also sent packing.
The executive in charge of Health Services Dr Mohamed Adan was retained and appointed as Trade Minister in an acting capacity.
Mohamed Omar was been appointed as Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation county executive.
Public Service county executive Ahmed Sheikh was transferred to Gender and Social Services while Agriculture chief officer Abukar Abdi Sheikh was moved to Health Services.
The governor explained that the changes are aimed at boosting service delivery and impacting the welfare of the residents of Mandera County.
Roba added that the changes would be effected immediately with the hand over expected to be conducted by County Secretary Abdinur Maalim Hussein.
Governor Roba's Cabinet restructure is only the second he's made since 2015.
He is not the only governor to have made changes to his cabinet in 2020.
Kisii Governor James Ongwae reshuffled his Cabinet on January 21 to bolster efficiency in his administration.
The barrage of reshuffles by county leaders follows President Uhuru Kenyatta's decision to reshuffle his Cabinet on January 14.
- ImageBright Side1 April 2020 - 12:01 pm
- Imagesad1 April 2020 - 12:22 pm
- ImageNew Turn1 April 2020 - 12:33 pm
- ImageHeartwarming1 April 2020 - 11:39 am
- ImageWhere are they?1 April 2020 - 11:21 am
- Imagerebuke1 April 2020 - 10:30 am
- Imagebrighter days1 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- Imageexposed1 April 2020 - 9:51 am
- ImageCovid-191 April 2020 - 9:32 am
- Imageunfortunate1 April 2020 - 9:16 am
- Imageheartbreaking1 April 2020 - 8:38 am
- Imagenick of time1 April 2020 - 7:58 am