UPDATE: February 18, 2020, 2.50 p.m. The three Mandera County executives who were fired by Governor Ali Ibrahim Roba have sued him, claiming they were not issued notices or given reasons for their firing, according to a report by the Daily Nation.
Governor Roba sent home three county executives and a chief officer in a bid to restructure his government on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
According to a report on Daily Nation, he terminated the services of Trade and Industrialisation executive Abdiaziz Sheikh Maad, his Agriculture Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation counterpart Johora Abdi and Gender and Social Services colleague Shamsa Mohammed.
The chief officer for Health Sevices, Hassan Mohamed Ahmed, was also sent packing.
The executive in charge of Health Services Dr Mohamed Adan was retained and appointed as Trade Minister in an acting capacity.
Mohamed Omar was been appointed as Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation county executive.
Public Service county executive Ahmed Sheikh was transferred to Gender and Social Services while Agriculture chief officer Abukar Abdi Sheikh was moved to Health Services.
The governor explained that the changes are aimed at boosting service delivery and impacting the welfare of the residents of Mandera County.
Roba added that the changes would be effected immediately with the hand over expected to be conducted by County Secretary Abdinur Maalim Hussein.
Governor Roba's Cabinet restructure is only the second he's made since 2015.
He is not the only governor to have made changes to his cabinet in 2020.
Kisii Governor James Ongwae reshuffled his Cabinet on January 21 to bolster efficiency in his administration.
The barrage of reshuffles by county leaders follows President Uhuru Kenyatta's decision to reshuffle his Cabinet on January 14.
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm