Emurua Dikirr MP Johanna Ng'eno was released following on Monday night, February 24, following his dramatic arrest at Kimogor Market in Narok County earlier on.
Initial reports claim that the legislator was apprehended for holding an illegal meeting in the area.
A video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, shows the legislator being accosted by a team of club-wielding officers and ushered into a police cruiser.
Screams from residents cascaded the background during the dramatic arrest, with teargas used to disperse the gathering rife in the air.
Ng'eno was among the Kipsigis legislators who walked out of a BBI consultative meeting in Narok on Friday, February 24.Emurua Dikirr MP Johanna Ng'eno is confronted by a police officer during his arrest on February 24.
His arrest has led to an uproar among various leaders, with Elgeyo Marakwet Senator Kipchumba Murkomen, incensed by the latest incident.
"Mheshimiwa Johanna Ng’eno has been arrested while on -meet the people tour-in his Narok county. Accused of holding a meeting without the permission of BBI secretariat. Meanwhile, the hate mongers are roaming freely. It can’t get crazier and foolish than this," the senator tweeted.
State House digital strategist Dennis Itumbi, sided with senator Murkomen, joking that opposing the BBI was now a punishable crime.
"As a friend puts it there is a new crime in town..any person who publishes or utters any statement, rumour or report against BBI and which is likely to cause the public not to support BBI is guilty of a misdemeanour.... very well," he tweeted, going on to share a video of the arrest.
- Unfortunate23 January 2021 - 7:04 pm
- alma mater23 January 2021 - 5:54 pm
- latest report23 January 2021 - 4:56 pm
- Rewind23 January 2021 - 5:32 pm
- Shut down23 January 2021 - 4:01 pm
- In Need23 January 2021 - 3:06 pm
- accused23 January 2021 - 2:17 pm
- High Life23 January 2021 - 1:23 pm
- money makers23 January 2021 - 1:53 pm
- RIP23 January 2021 - 11:58 am
- touching23 January 2021 - 12:19 pm
- backlash23 January 2021 - 10:57 am