Kate Wanjiru Kimani is not your typical 7-year-old girl. Despite her age, this young girl has been taking the world by storm.
In 2019 she became the youngest contestant in the Little Miss and Mr United World in Tenerife, Spain, and her message of environmental conservation saw her bag a silver award, which resulted in Little Miss World Festivals choosing her to represent Kenya in their annual event slated to run from June 18-25, 2020.
Wanjiru's exclusive invite to the Prince and Princess of the World competition is an opportunity she is looking forward to.Silver Winners at the Little Miss and Mr United World in Tenerife, Spain, 2019, Tatiana Nzisa (left) and Karen Kimani.
"I will use the global platform to spread my message of conservation to the world," she stated after accepting the special invitation.
The young girl who is a student at the Harvest View Academy in Embakasi, Nairobi, started her own special group project team comprising of children from schools in and around Embakasi.
With Wanjiru at the helm of the organisation, the group has been involved in special projects relating to environmental conservation such as cleaning up Nairobi River.
During her debut walk down the runway in Spain, the young model's plastic bottle-themed outfit and her impassioned monologue on the importance of Reducing, Reusing and Recycling (3R) plastics won her a Silver Award.
This not only kickstarted her career as an ecologist but also birthed her 3R project.
The brilliant little girl's latest achievement is yet another feather to her highly feathered cap.
Quizzed on her future aspirations, she expressed her desire to excel in the field of medicine.Karen Kimani flaunts her plastic bottle dress during the Little Miss and Mr United in Tenerife , Spain.
- ImageTragic30 March 2020 - 8:52 pm
- Imagetrue or false?30 March 2020 - 7:59 pm
- Imagerestrain30 March 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageoblivious30 March 2020 - 7:27 pm
- Imagegoodies30 March 2020 - 7:29 pm
- Imagetimely30 March 2020 - 6:46 pm
- Imagehistoric30 March 2020 - 5:37 pm
- Imageout of stock?30 March 2020 - 5:00 pm
- Imagefed-up30 March 2020 - 4:25 pm
- ImageRed-line30 March 2020 - 4:32 pm
- ImageSurge30 March 2020 - 3:21 pm
- Imagethe law won30 March 2020 - 4:11 pm