The Standard Group has lost one of their best editors to an upcoming television station.
In a text message seen by Kenyans.co.ke, Sam Gakunyi, who was the assignment editor at KTN News, bid his team goodbye on Friday, April 17.
"For now, it is the end of the road for me as the assignments editor at KTN News. It was a great honour to be a member of the Standard Group family. Serving KTN News was a pleasure.
"I'm grateful for the work we have done together. I am proceeding for another assignment elsewhere and since journalists are one big family, I will see many of you around," he bid his colleagues.Former KTN News Editor Sam Gakunyi
Gakunyi, who previously worked as a producer at Citizen TV, will be in charge of revenue generation and branded content at TV 47.
He was poached alongside two others; former Ebru TV Head of News John Mwaura and KTN producer Diana Tarik.
Mwaura will assume the role of an editorial director while Diana while be in charge of production and programmes.
The three will be expected to lead the station's assault on the television market.
TV 47 is one of the fast-growing television stations and is owned by Mount Kenya University (MKU) founder Simon Gicharu.
To set it apart from other established stations such as KTN, NTV, K24 TV and Citizen TV, TV 47 also plans on producing hyper-local content from various counties in Kenya.
The media house broadcasts in both English and Swahili and expects to produce unique, quality stories that otherwise typically stay off the radar of established channels.TV 47 studios
- Power play11 July 2020 - 2:44 pm
- rising curve11 July 2020 - 2:24 pm
- sweet deals11 July 2020 - 2:05 pm
- paying back11 July 2020 - 1:58 pm
- opportunities11 July 2020 - 12:56 pm
- lucky escape11 July 2020 - 1:03 pm
- Spotted11 July 2020 - 12:45 pm
- good news11 July 2020 - 12:00 pm
- R.I.P11 July 2020 - 11:17 am
- heartless11 July 2020 - 10:44 am
- Justice?11 July 2020 - 10:14 am
- Reconciled11 July 2020 - 9:26 am