Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko was seen driving himself in a brand new Cadillac Escalade on Friday, July 3.
He shared a video of himself driving in the swanky black SUV cruising speeds of up to 100km/hr.
The governor did not disclose where he was travelling to but he was dressed casually in white trousers, a T-shirt with writings on it and a white denim jacket with metal studs.Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko driving a Cadillac EscaladeFile
The flamboyant governor also accessorised his outfit with a white pair of spectacles, a white cap and a golden watch.
After a long period of driving, the governor decided to take a break at a facility along the road.
Upon getting wind of his presence, which he made felt with the new Ksh8 million car, locals started gathering around it.
Security officials were forced to disperse the growing crowd as Sonko thought about proceeding with his journey.
“I don’t have a permit to convene a meeting so please observe social distancing,” the governor explained as he gave out money for them to share.
He hopped into the black van and was back on the road. Based on the video, he likes to hold the steering wheel with both hands and focus on the road.
The 2020 Cadillac Escalade is a full-size, body-on-frame luxury SUV available in four trim levels: base, Luxury, Premium Luxury and Platinum.
All Escalade models are equipped with a 6.2-litre V8 engine and a 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Covid-19 effects3 August 2020 - 7:57 pm
- R.I.P3 August 2020 - 7:34 pm
- Insider3 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- Chaos3 August 2020 - 5:27 pm
- Amazing3 August 2020 - 4:52 pm
- Shattering Ceilings3 August 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Condition3 August 2020 - 2:51 pm
- Alert3 August 2020 - 2:38 pm
- Tough Times3 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- Long Wait3 August 2020 - 2:56 pm
- beware3 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- Senate Impasse3 August 2020 - 12:40 pm