A 50-year-old cancer patient has narrated her rape ordeal in the hands of a nurse at a Kenyan hospital on Friday, July 3.
The patient filed a report at Kilimani Police Station on Wednesday, July 8 seeking justice against the nurse and the hospital-based in Nairobi.
She detailed that she was admitted on Wednesday, July 1 for cancer treatment.
According to the victim, she was raped at midnight. She narrated that she heard a strange noise and someone spraying something in her room which made her sleepy.File image of a lonely rape victimFile
The reagent was then sprayed on her before she was tormented.
On the following day, she felt her body was weak but gathered the strength to go to the bathroom where she analysed herself only to find out that she had been raped.
Two days later, on Sunday, July 5, she reached out to her oncologist, a special doctor dealing with cancer. The oncologist informed the hospital management which discharged her against her wish and failed to address the issue. That's when she opted to seek help from the police.
In her statement, she detailed to the detectives that she can identify the nurse who inflicted the plight on her.
Nairobi Police Regional Commander Philip Ndolo confirmed the incident and stated that he had taken the matter upon himself, directing detectives to launch an investigation into the matter.
"A report was made and we are following up the matter to ensure justice for the victim. We have experts on the ground," Ndolo stated.File image of Nairobi police commander Philip NdoloDaily Nation
- new boss in town7 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
- no way7 August 2020 - 6:18 pm
- glued to the screen7 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- double tragedy7 August 2020 - 4:33 pm
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- bold7 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm