A 50-year-old cancer patient has narrated her rape ordeal in the hands of a nurse at a Kenyan hospital on Friday, July 3.
The patient filed a report at Kilimani Police Station on Wednesday, July 8 seeking justice against the nurse and the hospital-based in Nairobi.
She detailed that she was admitted on Wednesday, July 1 for cancer treatment.
According to the victim, she was raped at midnight. She narrated that she heard a strange noise and someone spraying something in her room which made her sleepy.File image of a lonely rape victimFile
The reagent was then sprayed on her before she was tormented.
On the following day, she felt her body was weak but gathered the strength to go to the bathroom where she analysed herself only to find out that she had been raped.
Two days later, on Sunday, July 5, she reached out to her oncologist, a special doctor dealing with cancer. The oncologist informed the hospital management which discharged her against her wish and failed to address the issue. That's when she opted to seek help from the police.
In her statement, she detailed to the detectives that she can identify the nurse who inflicted the plight on her.
Nairobi Police Regional Commander Philip Ndolo confirmed the incident and stated that he had taken the matter upon himself, directing detectives to launch an investigation into the matter.
"A report was made and we are following up the matter to ensure justice for the victim. We have experts on the ground," Ndolo stated.File image of Nairobi police commander Philip NdoloDaily Nationcriminal rape
- Tragedy28 November 2021 - 3:12 pm
- LANDMARK28 November 2021 - 2:41 pm
- exquisite28 November 2021 - 1:50 pm
- SHAKEN28 November 2021 - 12:46 pm
- expert opinion28 November 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Take Note28 November 2021 - 11:32 am
- LOGGERHEADS28 November 2021 - 11:26 am
- on the spot28 November 2021 - 10:36 am
- TEACHING28 November 2021 - 10:16 am
- HELPED28 November 2021 - 9:58 am
- Murky Waters28 November 2021 - 9:40 am
- Gloves off28 November 2021 - 9:10 am