Kenya has recorded 278 new cases of Coronavirus (Covid-19) with the total cases reported so far rising to 9,726. The cases were recorded from 1,403 samples tested in the last 24 hours.
Health CAS Mercy Mwangagi announced on Saturday, July 11 while inspecting Kwale County's Covid-19 preparedness to determine areas of support needed.
The total samples tested since Coronavirus broke out in March 2020 now stand at 207,987.Health CAS Mercy Mwangangi addressing the media on the state of Covid-19 in Kenya. May 25, 2020.
99 people recovered from Covid-19 with the total tally rising to 2,832.
Three patients passed away in the last 24 hours with the death toll rising to 184.
Kwale had recorded 139 cases all of whom have recovered apart from 9 who are under home-based care.
The CAS delivered five ventilators to support the county government.
Kwale Governor Salim Mvurya assured that the county had prepared 340 isolation beds as directed by the government.
He also announced that virus testing would be done in Msambweni in the near future.
Mvurya thanked the Ministry of Health for the collaboration and support offered to the county government in containing the virus.
The governor consoled the family of doctor Doreen Adisa Lugaliki who succumbed to the virus on Friday, July 10, 2020.
He assured support for frontline health workers in providing PPEs to prevent them from contracting the virus.
- new boss in town7 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
- no way7 August 2020 - 6:18 pm
- glued to the screen7 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- double tragedy7 August 2020 - 4:33 pm
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- bold7 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm