Former Changamwe MP Ramadhan Kajembe has died.
Kajembe is said to have passed on at the Pandya Hospital on Friday, August 7, almost two week's after his first wife Mama Aziza Kajembe died.
The Orange Democratic Party (ODM) confirmed the news on their social media pages as well as sent condolences to the family of the deceased.Former Changamwe MP Ramadhan Kajembe in a melancholic moodFile
"Rest in Peace Ramadhan Seif Kajembe. You served Changamwe residents well from 1997 to 2013. To his family, we send our condolences," read part of the statement.
According to Islamic traditions and in adherence to the Covid-19 instructions on funerals, the burial is expected to take place at 7 pm at the Kajembe family cemetery in Changamwe.
The MP had lost his second wife Mama Zaharia Kajembe in March 2020 at the Aga khan hospital in Mombasa County, where she had been undergoing treatment.
Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho mourned the deceased as a diligent leader who served with utmost sincerity and a staunch defender of citizen's rights.
"Mombasa mourns the loss of a great son who was known for his generosity.
"On behalf of the people of Mombasa, my family and my own behalf I extend my heartiest condolences to the family of the late Hon. Kajembe, may the Almighty Allah SWT assuage your grief and grant you patience to endure the loss," Joho condoled.Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho during a press briefing on June 5, 2020.
- Mystery28 September 2020 - 7:53 am
- Be Warned28 September 2020 - 7:12 am
- friends turned foes27 September 2020 - 8:15 pm
- Ng'eno Again27 September 2020 - 7:50 pm
- Covid who?27 September 2020 - 6:55 pm
- road carnage27 September 2020 - 6:36 pm
- Stance27 September 2020 - 5:20 pm
- out and about27 September 2020 - 5:07 pm
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm