Kenya has recorded 379 more COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours bringing the total number of cases in the country to 31,015.
During the daily COVID-19 briefing at Afya House on Wednesday, August 19, Health CAS Mercy Mwangagi announced that 3,867 samples had been tested over the same period.
Of the 379 cases tested, 223 are male and 156 are female while the youngest case is 1-year- old and the oldest is aged 87.Health Ministry Chief Administrative Secretary Mercy Mwangangi addressing the media on April 21, 2020File
The distribution of cases is as follows; Nairobi (219), Kiambu (40), Uasin Gichu (28), Kajiado (14), Machakos (13), Kisumu (10), Mombasa (7), Kericho (6), Bomet (5), Baringo (5), Nandi and Nyeri (4) cases each, Isiolo (3), Narok (3), Busia (2), Garisa (2) and Homa bay (2).
At the same time, 244 patients were discharged from hospital bringing the total number of recovered cases to 17,612. 76 of the patients were from health facilities while 168 were from the home-based care program.
Regrettably, 19 patients succumbed to the disease, bringing the total number of fatalities to 506.
"One died in the household," Mwangangi disclosed.
She added that 18 of the patients had underlying health conditions which are mostly diabetes and hypertension.
The CAS complained that there was a rise of cases recorded among young people and urged them to be more careful.
"A 28-year-old is among those who passed on. We are all duty-bound to take care of each other but the duty is yours as a Kenyan,” she advised.Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe (Left) and his Chief Administrative Secretary Mercy Mwangangi during a press briefing in March 2020.File
- New Hit25 October 2020 - 8:11 pm
- Saddening25 October 2020 - 7:09 pm
- Stranded25 October 2020 - 7:20 pm
- sneaky25 October 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Unfortunate25 October 2020 - 5:04 pm
- Fiery Ruto25 October 2020 - 4:14 pm
- Covid-19 Update25 October 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Enlighten25 October 2020 - 3:14 pm
- ticking time-bomb25 October 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Our Journey25 October 2020 - 2:40 pm
- road carnage25 October 2020 - 2:07 pm
- grisly25 October 2020 - 12:16 pm