Betty Kyallo was named the 5th most influential digital brand by the latest GeoPoll report released in August 2020.
The man behind her success is Kamarichi Mbarani who serves as her brand manager
Kamarichi was intrumental in her transition from TV to her online digital platforms having launched her Betty Kyallo Lately YouTube channel.Betty Kyallo's brand manager Kamarichi MbaraniFile
He is the CEO of Medios Limited which is a digital marketing agency in Nairobi.
Kamarichi has also paved the way for numerous influencers by enabling them to establish their digital brands and commercialise their social platforms.
Kamarichi was recently selected to be a panellist in a webinar about digital brands by Africa Digital Leadership Inc.
He stated that online influencers should be held accountable in case their personal lives interfere with a particular campaign.
"When it comes to your reputation as an influencer, in this line of business it is everything.
"They are supposed to behave and act in a certain way because they are not Twitter keyboard warriors, they have to watch what they say," he explained.
The digital revolution in Kenya has created a new media ecosystem that is independent of TV and Radio, which for a long time were the biggest source of entertainment.
The ecosystem has created careers that did not exists 10 years ago such as influencers, vloggers, digital brand managers and digital strategists.
Digital strategist Dennis Itumbi describes his job as bringing new media into the space of communication.Betty Kyallo (centre) with her brand manager Kamarichi MbaraniFile
- upgrade21 October 2020 - 7:30 pm
- no-show21 October 2020 - 7:02 pm
- Get Out21 October 2020 - 5:49 pm
- taking chances21 October 2020 - 6:04 pm
- emergency21 October 2020 - 6:17 pm
- counterpunch21 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- On the hunt21 October 2020 - 4:57 pm
- latest report21 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- angered21 October 2020 - 4:16 pm
- indecisive21 October 2020 - 4:26 pm
- tough tines21 October 2020 - 3:29 pm
- My Cup of Tea21 October 2020 - 4:03 pm