- Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
A former Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) has found himself on wrong side of the law after a warrant of arrest was issued against him.
A report by Daily Nation indicated that a magistrate attached to Ngong Courts, on Tuesday, September 22, ordered for the arrest of former Kajiado North Sub-County DCI boss Stephen Wambua.
The suspect was accused of contempt of court after he failed to appear inside the precincts despite having received summons.
Ngong Senior Principal Magistrate P. Achieng had summoned the former officer to answer to claims of abuse of office in a 15-acre land row.A parcel of land in Kajiado in which a warrant of arrest for former DCI Boss Stephen Wambua was ordered.Daily Nation
Wambua had been accused of directing a Kajiado North land registrar to illegally revoke the land title deed that had been awarded to David Mahugu Thondu in 2018.
The two allegedly attempted to defraud Mahugu.
The land registrar, George Ngure Kariuki, reportedly claimed that the parcel in question was fraudulently acquired by Mahugu even though he knew the claim was not true.
The incident occurred between November 26, 2014 and December 29, 2019.
The case is expected to net many other officials assigned to the land registry to answer to the charges of fraud.
Over the past year, police officers have increasingly been involved in criminal activities with many accused of applying unjustified use of force and their offices.
In June, Embu DCIO Jervasio Njeru was arrested for allegedly assaulting a woman inside his office.
The woman in question had earlier been arrested for allegedly obtaining money under false pretenses, but secured freedom under the condition she would report to Embu DCI the next day.
She claimed that she was assaulted when she made her appearance at the office.A court Gavel.
- doppleganger24 October 2020 - 2:11 pm
- sweet24 October 2020 - 1:51 pm
- gruesome24 October 2020 - 1:28 pm
- Halleluhya!24 October 2020 - 1:00 pm
- will they?24 October 2020 - 12:13 pm
- Presidential Treatment24 October 2020 - 11:42 am
- helping hand24 October 2020 - 11:30 am
- Her Take24 October 2020 - 10:37 am
- Tough Crowd24 October 2020 - 9:59 am
- must watch24 October 2020 - 9:31 am
- fatal24 October 2020 - 8:45 am
- Trouble24 October 2020 - 8:24 am