Deputy President William Ruto on Wednesday, September 23, rushed back to the Jubilee Headquarters following an announcement by the party's Secretary-General Raphael Tuju.
Tuju had earlier on announced that Jubilee will not field a candidate in the forthcoming Msambweni by-election slated for Tuesday, December 15.
Former State House digital director Dennis Itumbi then revealed that the Deputy President was headed to the party's Headquarters in Pangani, Nairobi.Jubilee Party Secretary-General Raphael Tuju addresses journalists at Jubilee Headquarters, Thika Road in 2019File
Ruto arrived at the Jubilee Headquarters minutes after Tuju's announcement on the upcoming Msambweni by-election.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Ruto's close ally and Kimilili MP Didmus Barasa revealed that Ruto is set to challenge the decision not to field a candidate for the Msambweni by-election.
"The announcement by Tuju is part of the reason for his visit, we cannot allow the party to make a unilateral decision that someone just wakes up and makes.
"We are a political party and not a Non-Governmental Organization, we are not in any political partnership with ODM," noted Barasa.
In his announcement, Tuju cited that the party in its recent cooperation with ODM, saw it fit not to field a candidate for the by-election.
The Sec-Gen added that the country faces serious issues currently following CJ David Maraga's call for the dissolution of Parliament for failing to legislate laws to implement the gender rule.
Ruto also visited the Jubilee Headquarters on Tuesday, September 22, to supervise plans by the party on the upcoming by-elections.
Ruto and his allies have been at loggerheads with Tuju, accusing him of failing to consult when making key party decisions.Deputy President William Ruto (right) and Jubilee Party Secretary-General Raphael Tuju (left)File
- Ruto Response24 November 2020 - 2:54 pm
- On the Spot24 November 2020 - 3:15 pm
- act of kindness24 November 2020 - 3:01 pm
- panic24 November 2020 - 2:39 pm
- clarification24 November 2020 - 2:32 pm
- Conquerors24 November 2020 - 2:29 pm
- Higher Level24 November 2020 - 2:05 pm
- secret admirer24 November 2020 - 2:10 pm
- bounce back24 November 2020 - 1:33 pm
- R.I.P24 November 2020 - 1:40 pm
- gangsters paradise24 November 2020 - 1:25 pm
- another level24 November 2020 - 12:56 pm