Teachers Service Commission (TSC) on Monday, October 12, announced the dismissal of 30 teachers for a number of offences and the registration of 8,500 others.
The announcement was made by TSC CEO Nancy Macharia who revealed that the teachers have been dismissed for a number of offences including defilement.
TSC also made public the registration of 8,500 new teachers the same day Grade 4, Class 8 and Form 4 students resumed learning across the country.A signpost showing Teachers Service Commission mandated with hiring teachers in Kenya.
"Registration is different from hiring. The recruitment process is not over yet. Those are just teachers that have been registered with us.
"The number of teachers being recruited still stand as reported, and when the process ends we are not going to recruit more teachers because we are usually funded by the National Treasury to do the recruitment," she explained.
Wababu also revealed that 30 teachers have been dismissed pending approval due to a number of offences levelled against them.
"The teachers are in the process of being dismissed, and after the CEO has approved the list, then it will be gazetted thereby confirming their dismissal.
"The offences include immoral behaviour, forging of academic certification, and any other serious crime prescribed in the Teachers Code of Conduct," she added.
TSC on Tuesday, September 1, 2020, announced that it was seeking to recruit a cumulative 11,574 teachers in a mass exercise.
The process was taken advantage of by fraudsters with the Commission on Thursday, September 24, denying reports that the recruitment of teachers had been stopped.A signpost showing Teachers Service Commission mandated with hiring teachers in Kenya.
- On the Spot19 January 2021 - 7:59 pm
- Not Here19 January 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Covid-19 Update19 January 2021 - 6:45 pm
- healthcare boost19 January 2021 - 6:19 pm
- new beginnings19 January 2021 - 5:57 pm
- Backlash19 January 2021 - 6:12 pm
- behind bars19 January 2021 - 5:20 pm
- trouble19 January 2021 - 4:42 pm
- On the Spot19 January 2021 - 4:41 pm
- kind hearted19 January 2021 - 3:59 pm
- Relentless19 January 2021 - 3:00 pm
- Beware19 January 2021 - 3:18 pm