An Eldoret farmer, Adrian Muteshi, who had one of the most publicised land cases against Deputy President William Ruto has died.
In an obituary notice, Muteshi passed away on Tuesday, October 27 in Nairobi.
The father of eight challenged Ruto who was then Eldoret North MP for having grabbed his land after he fled the 2008 post-election violence.
In 2013, the court ruled in favour of Muteshi saying he had proven beyond reasonable doubt that the land was his.Adrian Muteshi follows proceedings on March 20, 2013, at the Milimani Courts.
After losing the case, Ruto was then ordered to pay Ksh5 million to the farmer for illegally occupying his land.
During the court proceedings, Muteshi had told the court that he bought the 100-acre farm in January 1968 and had been farming until the contentious 2008 polls when he forced to flee due to post-election violence.
On his part, the DP told the court that he acquired the land from a woman who had sub-divided the 100 acres into nine parcels and sold them to him when he was Agriculture Minister.
Ruto however returned the land to the farmer and later filed an appeal against the Ksh5 Million compensation ordered by the court.
"The honourable judge erred in fact and law by ordering the petitioner to pay compensation plus costs while no fault was found against him in the process of acquisition, transfer, possession and ownership of the parcel," the appeal read in part.
DP's lawyer, Katwa Kigen, stated that he would sue the people who sold the land to DP Ruto because they are the people who put him in difficulties.
Ruto later withdrew the appeal against the compensation ruling in 2014.DP William Ruto address at Gusii Stadium, Kisii County on October 20, 2020.PSCU
- New Tricks26 November 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Take Notice26 November 2020 - 7:53 pm
- Beware26 November 2020 - 7:31 pm
- can't keep up26 November 2020 - 7:28 pm
- lights up internet26 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- development26 November 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Last Option26 November 2020 - 7:43 pm
- Last Laugh26 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
- shaking bridges26 November 2020 - 5:19 pm
- Poisoned26 November 2020 - 4:54 pm
- in progress26 November 2020 - 4:58 pm
- u-turn26 November 2020 - 4:32 pm