A TV show presenter attached to Ebru TV sustained minor injuries after being involved in an accident on Monday morning, November 16.
In a statement, Ebru Let's Talk show host Joan Obwaka, popularly known as Yummy Mummy, disclosed that she rammed a city matatu while driving home.
She admitted that she was not wearing her seatbelt when the accident happened, and was left nursing chest pains following the impact.
She further disclosed that the accident took place after her car brakes failed prompting her to ram a Citi Hoppa bus.Ebru TV show host and Youtuber Joan Obwaka, popularly Yummy Mummy.
"On my way home from the gym today, I was involved in a car accident. I am not injured but my car is seriously damaged.
"My legs are shaking and my chest is sore because I didn't have my seatbelt on. I'd taken it off just as I turned into the road towards my house which is where I had the accident," stated Obwaka
"My breaks failed and I drove right into the back of a Citi Hoppa that had stopped in front of me," she explained.
Photos from the scene of the accident showed the damaged bonnet. A police officer arrived at the scene of the accident to assess the situation.
Obwaka urged Kenyans to always wear their seatbelts.
"I am genuinely shaken by this. I literally saw my life flash before my eyes as I got closer to the Citi Hoppa, and my predominant thought was, 'will they get the refund for the flight I am supposed to be on tomorrow?'
"Guys always wear seatbelts. My chest hit the steering will so hard," she added.
This comes even as the country records an increase in fatalities caused by road accidents.
There were 3,586 deaths reported in 2019 in Kenya and 64% of these deaths occurred among person aged between 5 and 44 years.Damaged car belonging to Ebru TV show host Joan Obwaka on Monday Morning, November 16, 2020.
- in dire need26 November 2020 - 12:47 pm
- Upgrade26 November 2020 - 12:37 pm
- Speak out26 November 2020 - 12:23 pm
- fulfilled wish26 November 2020 - 11:19 am
- Armed client26 November 2020 - 11:17 am
- Tough Times26 November 2020 - 10:45 am
- Drama26 November 2020 - 12:12 pm
- Strict Measures26 November 2020 - 9:53 am
- Keep off26 November 2020 - 10:12 am
- snubbed?26 November 2020 - 9:29 am
- breaks silence26 November 2020 - 8:48 am
- savings26 November 2020 - 9:09 am