Photos have emerged of former Tusker Project Fame (TPF) contestant David Major living miserably on the streets of Mirema drive in Roysambu, Nairobi County.
Residents in the area say that Major, a contestant during season two of the show, has been living along the Drive for quite some time.
A good samaritan, Tony Ingosi alias Shobol on Monday, November 16, hosted Major and offered him food before he asked for consent to take his photos and highlight his plight.Former TPF contestant David Major(COURTESY Tony Ingosi)
Major allegedly agreed to have a plate of food but turned down his offer to spend the night at his place.
"I was heading out when I saw a man who was barefoot and unkempt. When I took a closer look, I noticed that it was David so I engaged him in a conversation and he told me that his friends and family had disserted him.
"I gave him a pair of shoes because I didn't feel comfortable highlighting his plight with him being barefoot," Shobol told Kenyans.co.ke.
Shobol stated that Major may have been battling drugs and substance abuse.
"He looked aloof like he was unaware of what was happening and he didn't want me to host him for the night. He preferred to spend the night in a club in the area," he stated.
Before his current situation, the musician worked as an audio engineer for major productions in Kenya.
Major's friends are now requesting Kenyans of goodwill to help him get to a rehabilitation centre.
The former TPF star is the son of the late Dr Margaret Ogola, an award-winning author, medical doctor, and human rights advocate.
Dr Ogola is best known for her novel, The River and the Source, which was a set book used by students for KCSE between1999 to 2004.
Ogola succumbed to cancer in 2011.Former TPF contestant David Major and a good samaritan at Mirema Drive on Monday, November 16(COURTESY Tony Ingosi)
- in dire need26 November 2020 - 12:47 pm
- Upgrade26 November 2020 - 12:37 pm
- Speak out26 November 2020 - 12:23 pm
- fulfilled wish26 November 2020 - 11:19 am
- Armed client26 November 2020 - 11:17 am
- Tough Times26 November 2020 - 10:45 am
- Drama26 November 2020 - 12:12 pm
- Strict Measures26 November 2020 - 9:53 am
- Keep off26 November 2020 - 10:12 am
- snubbed?26 November 2020 - 9:29 am
- breaks silence26 November 2020 - 8:48 am
- savings26 November 2020 - 9:09 am