A suspected robber was gunned down on a bar's rooftop on Sunday, November 22, following a botched robbery attempt.
The incident happened in the morning at Oyugis Town, Homa Bay County, with the suspect said to have been part of a five-man gang that had planned to raid a bar in the area.
The suspected robber was gunned down after he failed to surrender to the police as he remained cornered on the rooftop after four of his accomplices managed to escapeA police officer manning traffic
Rachuonyo South Sub-county Police Commander Lilies Wachira confirmed the incident, adding that the suspected robber threatened the officers.
"He was found removing iron sheet from the roof of the bar with intention to steal. Instead of surrendering to the officers who were at the scene, he threatened to hack the officers," Wachira said.
The gang is reported to have tried to access the bar from the rooftop before police officers pounced on them.
The deceased body has since been moved to Rachuonyo South sub-county hospital mortuary.
Police have launched a manhunt in Oyugis town to try and locate the four suspects who managed to escape.
The town has reported an increase in insecurity incidences, with residents calling on the police to beef up security.A file image of a man aiming to shoot(COURTESY)
- kudos4 December 2020 - 8:14 pm
- get well soon4 December 2020 - 7:58 pm
- blow after blow4 December 2020 - 6:52 pm
- win big4 December 2020 - 6:13 pm
- rising cases4 December 2020 - 5:36 pm
- RIP4 December 2020 - 6:25 pm
- congratulations4 December 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Work & No Play4 December 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Early Christmas4 December 2020 - 3:41 pm
- RIP4 December 2020 - 3:05 pm
- Quick exit4 December 2020 - 2:17 pm
- Hard Times4 December 2020 - 1:24 pm