Three suspects were on Thursday night, November 26, fatally shot dead by detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) at Kwa Mbao area in Kariobangi.
According to a statement by DCI, four suspected robbers were involved in a shoot-out with the police but one escaped.
"The four have been captured on camera committing various robberies in the past. Two months ago, a university student lost his life in the hands of the gangsters within Buruburu," reads the statement.
DCI disclosed that the four had robbed valuables from customers and later ransacked a business premise where they made away with electronic gadgets.
The directorate has since recovered two pistols, rounds of ammunition, spent catridges, and an unregistered motorcycle from the scene.
The search for the missing suspect has since been launched.
Robbery with violence - which the law defines as an offender who is armed with any dangerous weapon or is in the company of one or more persons and attempts to wound, beat, strike or use any other personal violence to any person - attracts a death penalty.
There has been a spike in the number of reported crimes in the last couple of months.
On Sunday, November 22, armed robbers attacked a security guard at Mountain Mall along Thika Road, Nairobi.
The incident took place at around 8:30 p.m. when two gunmen made their way into the mall posing as regular shoppers before proceeding to rob a supermarket in the mall.
The security guard attempted to block the robbers from leaving the mall when the incident took place.
- consequences28 January 2021 - 2:41 pm
- Non compliance28 January 2021 - 3:26 pm
- Take Note28 January 2021 - 2:12 pm
- rib-tickling28 January 2021 - 3:03 pm
- BOLD MOVE28 January 2021 - 2:18 pm
- Scared28 January 2021 - 1:10 pm
- spilled beans28 January 2021 - 12:25 pm
- Angered28 January 2021 - 3:02 pm
- Freedom28 January 2021 - 12:33 pm
- tricked28 January 2021 - 1:54 pm
- Audacious28 January 2021 - 11:32 am
- 24/728 January 2021 - 1:34 pm