The Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company (NCWSC) on Wednesday, December 16, announced a two-day water outage in several estates across the capital.
NCWSC announced the water interruption will commence on Thursday, December 17 with the resumption of services expected on Friday, December 18.
The water interruption has been caused by the ongoing construction of the Ksh62 Billion Nairobi Expressway.Handwashing at a tap
Most of the estates affected are along Mombasa road and Lang'ata road.
In a public notice, NCWSC Managing Director Nahason Muguna revealed that new and old pipes connections will be replaced.
"This will facilitate interconnection of the new and old water pipelines at Lang'ata road and Mombasa road junction to enable the release of the road median to the Expressway road contractor from Nyayo Stadium to Isuzu East Africa," read the notice in part.
The estates that are set to be affected by the water interruption include Nairobi West, South B and South C including Mater Hospital.
Estates along Jogoo Road including Buruburu, Makadara, Hamza and Industrial area are also scheduled to miss water for two days
The interruption is set to cover estates along Mombasa road from City Stadium including Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA).
Areas around the Standard Guage Railway (SGR) station, Athi River Export Processing Zone (EPZ), Coca Cola, Mukuru, Imara Daima, North Airport Road and Embakasi will be affected.
NCWSC has appealed for patience and urged them to use available water sparingly as they work towards restoring the supply.
To avoid inconveniences, residents in the affected areas should store water enough to last them for two days.Handwashing at a tap
- hotspot22 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Tragic22 September 2021 - 7:39 pm
- COMMUNITY ACT22 September 2021 - 7:00 pm
- GOODBYE22 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Take Note22 September 2021 - 6:10 pm
- HISTORIC22 September 2021 - 6:07 pm
- New Sightings22 September 2021 - 5:13 pm
- FETED22 September 2021 - 4:49 pm
- Presidential Assignment22 September 2021 - 4:45 pm
- SCHOLARSHIPS22 September 2021 - 3:50 pm
- accident22 September 2021 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed22 September 2021 - 3:06 pm