A village in Kiambu County is mourning the tragic death of five children who were killed after a septic tank caved in.
Confirming the incident, Ruiru OCPD Phineas Ringera told Daily Nation that the children were playing on top of the tank when the tragedy occurred.
The 20-feet septic tank was filled with water at the time the incident happened. The children were aged between three and seven years old.
The incident happened on the afternoon of Thursday, December 31, 2020.File image of Ruiru Police StationFile
Police are said to have received an alert from the parents informing them of the incident after hearing cries from the tank.
The officers together with firefighters rushed to the scene but efforts to rescue the children were futile.
The bodies were later transferred to a nearby hospital mortuary as police investigate the incident for possible negligence.
The accident comes just months after 12 children sustained injuries after they fell in a septic tank in Uasin Gishu in February 2020.
The children, from Moi’s Bridge Baptist Bible Mission School, were playing on the cemented top of the sewage system when it gave way.
The pupils were rescued by good samaritans and rushed to Moi Bridge Health Centre, where they were treated and discharged.A police car in Kenya.accident death killed fight
- New changes27 November 2022 - 8:06 pm
- Crime27 November 2022 - 7:52 pm
- Stunning27 November 2022 - 7:09 pm
- New tact27 November 2022 - 6:02 pm
- Strategy27 November 2022 - 6:18 pm
- Parenting27 November 2022 - 6:39 pm
- Come Back27 November 2022 - 5:25 pm
- Soft Life27 November 2022 - 4:57 pm
- Elections27 November 2022 - 4:38 pm
- New Lease of Life27 November 2022 - 3:59 pm
- Strong together27 November 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Talented27 November 2022 - 4:00 pm