Kenya has recorded 355 more Covid-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours as the country's total caseload rises to 97,733.
Unfortunately, eight patients have succumbed to the disease bringing the cumulative fatalities to 1,702.
In a statement on January 7, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe announced that 5,424 samples had been tested over the period. The country has so far conducted 1,075,673 Covid-19 tests.Health CS Mutahi Kagwe addressing the media outside Afya House on March 17, 2020.Kenyans.co.keSimon Kiragu
Of the positive cases, 233 are male and 102 are female while the youngest is a one-year-old child while the oldest is 94.
Today, 340 patients have recovered from the disease, 261 being from the Home-Based Care Program, while 79 have been discharged from various hospitals. The total recoveries now stand at 80,306
Currently, there are 536 patients admitted in various health facilities countrywide and 2,498 on Home Based Isolation and Care.
29 patients are in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), 18 of whom are on ventilatory support, and 9 on supplemental oxygen. Two are on observation.
Another 10 patients are separately on supplementary oxygen while there is no patient in the High Dependency Unit (HDU).
Distribution of the cases by Counties is as follows; Nairobi 102, Meru 46, Makueni 40, Nyeri 19, Kajiado 14, Embu 13, Mombasa 12, Kiambu 11 while Nakuru, Migori, Nyandarua and busia had nine cases each.
Samburu had 8 cases, Kirinyaga 6, Machakos 5, Kitui 4, Turkana 4, Laikipia. Uasin Gishu and Siaya had 3 cases each.
Kilifi reported 2 cases while Marsabit, Narok, Murang’a and Taita Taveta each had one case.fatal
- New Alliance19 January 2022 - 7:08 pm
- Lost Treasure19 January 2022 - 7:16 pm
- revealed19 January 2022 - 7:07 pm
- unsung heroes19 January 2022 - 6:28 pm
- Heart breaking19 January 2022 - 4:49 pm
- RESPONSE19 January 2022 - 4:49 pm
- Opportunity19 January 2022 - 5:14 pm
- Opportunity19 January 2022 - 4:14 pm
- New Changes19 January 2022 - 3:32 pm
- Strategy19 January 2022 - 4:04 pm
- TOP NOTCH19 January 2022 - 3:16 pm
- Illicit Trade19 January 2022 - 3:20 pm