Kenya has recorded 139 more Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours as the country's total caseload rises to 98,693.
In a statement on Thursday, January 14, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe announced that 4,526 samples had been tested over the period bringing the total number of samples tested so far to 1,107,121.
Of the positive cases, 88 are male and 50 are female, while the youngest case is a one-year-old baby and the oldest is aged 80 years.Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe addressing the media on November 26, 2020File
At the same time, 266 patients recovered from the disease, 251 from home-based care and 15 from the hospital around the country bringing the total number of recoveries to 81,933.
Regrettably, three patients succumbed to the disease bringing the total number of deaths to 1,723.
680 patients are currently admitted in various health facilities across the country, while 1,730 are on Home Based Isolation and Care.
26 patients have been admitted to Intensive Care Units (ICU), out of which 17 are on ventilatory support and 8 on supplemental oxygen. One is on observation.
Another 16 patients have been placed separately on supplemental oxygen with 13 of whom are in general wards.
Three patients admitted to the High Dependency Unit (HDU).
In terms of county distribution, Nairobi recorded 65 cases, Kericho 23, Mombasa 10, Makueni 6, Uasin Gishu 6, Nyamira 4, Kisumu 4, Kiambu 3, Busia 2, Migori 2, Nakuru 2, Kajiado 2, Taita Taveta 2.
Kilifi, Lamu, Nyandarua, Bomet, Bungoma, Elgeyo Marakwet and Isiolo counties all recorded one case each.
- Take Note1 March 2021 - 7:40 pm
- new look1 March 2021 - 6:58 pm
- Remarkable1 March 2021 - 7:10 pm
- law1 March 2021 - 6:00 pm
- Update1 March 2021 - 6:19 pm
- Un fit1 March 2021 - 5:10 pm
- Beauty Industry1 March 2021 - 5:32 pm
- cheeky1 March 2021 - 4:42 pm
- last-minute1 March 2021 - 4:51 pm
- New System1 March 2021 - 4:19 pm
- Unfortunate1 March 2021 - 2:53 pm
- life hacks1 March 2021 - 1:33 pm