Kibra MP Imran Okoth's mother has died. Angeline Ajwang passed away on Saturday morning, January 16, a few minutes past 12 am.
The ODM politician made the announcement on his social media pages at around 2 am.
He, however, did not disclose the cause of the mother's death.
"In life, we loved you dearly, in death we still love you. In our hearts you hold a place, I cried endlessly when you died but I promise, I won't let the tears mar the smiles that you've given me when you were alive.The late Angeline Ajwang, the mother to Kibra MP Imran Okoth
"I know you are listening from above. Fare thee well mum," Imran wrote.
His followers were quick to wish him well and pray for strength for the family.
Ajwang has passed on one year and six months after she lost her older son and former Kibra MP Ken Okoth.
Okoth succumbed to cancer on July 26, 2019, while receiving treatment at the Nairobi Hospital.
His mother Ajwang confronted Luo elders who then opposed the family's decision to cremate the former MP. The elders wanted to bury a banana stem.
"The best thing they could have done is to come and sit down with me as the mother instead of going to the media. They should let my son rest in peace.
"They saw what happened, did you even see one of them coming to me to give advice on what should happen? They now say I was part of the cremation idea, did they see me attend the ceremony?" Ajwang wondered.Angeline Ajwang (seated) in an undated photo with her sons, the late Ken Okoth (second left) and Kibra MP Imran Okoth (third right)File
- breaks silence5 March 2021 - 9:24 am
- take notice5 March 2021 - 9:19 am
- Warned5 March 2021 - 8:49 am
- My time5 March 2021 - 7:55 am
- Awarded5 March 2021 - 8:12 am
- Trounced5 March 2021 - 7:01 am
- On the Spot4 March 2021 - 8:29 pm
- gear up4 March 2021 - 8:04 pm
- Benchmarking4 March 2021 - 7:35 pm
- Take Note4 March 2021 - 8:16 pm
- fact check4 March 2021 - 7:30 pm
- well wishers4 March 2021 - 6:31 pm