NTV News anchor Jane Ngoiri has called it quits from the Nation Media Group (NMG).
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, the celebrated anchor stated that she resigned from the media station on Wednesday, January 28.
"It is true that I have resigned from NTV. I left for personal reasons," she confirmed.Jane Ngoiri at NTV studios in December 2020.
The journalist did not divulge more details on her decision to exit the station adding that she would be focusing on some personal projects.
Ngoiri, who served as a Senior Swahili News Anchor stated that she would disclose her next step to her fans over her social media profiles.
In December 2020, Ngoiri was among 158 civilians awarded the Head of State Commendation (HSc) by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
In her initial stint at NTV, she co-anchored the Swahili news with Nimrod Taabu who switched to Citizen TV in 2019. She later co-anchored the Swahili news with Salim Swaleh.
Prior to working for NMG, Ngoiri worked at K24 as an English news anchor.
She has undertaken several investigative pieces that had gained traction online including Sisters of Death and Nairobi’s Bum Enhancers.
There have been several changes in media with a number of anchors calling it quits in the past month.
KBC anchor Samuel Njoroge resigned from KBC during a live broadcast on Thursday, January 28.
Earlier in January 2021, Grace Kuria announced her departure from Standard Media Group while hosting the station's lunchtime bulletin.
She had served at the station for two years since joining in January 2019 after she was poached from K24 TV.K24 TV anchor Anne Kiguta at Mediamax studios on September 4, 2019
- COMEBACK27 October 2021 - 8:10 pm
- Struggling27 October 2021 - 8:10 pm
- Halted27 October 2021 - 6:47 pm
- this is why27 October 2021 - 6:42 pm
- Concern27 October 2021 - 6:29 pm
- The Truth27 October 2021 - 6:23 pm
- SHOCKING27 October 2021 - 6:12 pm
- sweet27 October 2021 - 5:30 pm
- Troubled27 October 2021 - 4:30 pm
- Changes27 October 2021 - 4:11 pm
- Formation27 October 2021 - 5:15 pm
- REMARKABLE27 October 2021 - 4:56 pm