Former Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu's son Brian Ndung'u, on Tuesday, March 16, narrated his horrid 24-hour experience at Industrial Area Prison in Nairobi.
The 25 year old was arrested on Monday 15, by police officers on Nairobi's Muindi Mbingu street for driving under the influence.
He was subsequently taken to court where he pleaded guilty to the offense. Ndung'u was freed by Nairobi Senior Principal magistrate Esther Kimilu, who ordered him to either pay Ksh30,000 fine, or face three months in jail.Former Kiambu governor Ferdinand Waititu (R) and son Brian Ndung'u
Speaking to K24 TV, he described the prison as a horrible place, after missing the evening meal on his arrival due to long queues.
According to Ndung'u, he resorted to having mandazis from the prison's kiosk.
"They removed all my clothes, even my boxer, and I was given a uniform to put on. It was a shocking experience.
“I slept on the floor of the cell without a mattress, but I was given a blanket to cover myself until morning,” the politician's son said.
On Tuesday morning, the inmates were served porridge for breakfast without any accompaniments. Soon after, Ndung'u claimed that the prison authorities proceeded to shave off his hair.
Thereafter, he was ordered to wash toilets and fetch water. The torrid experience came to a close after a friend bailed him out.
“I am happy my friend, Clinton Githinji, paid my fine. I left prison at about 1 pm on Tuesday,” Ndung’u said.
Reports indicated that Waititu refused to bail out his son, forcing him to seek financial assistance from friends. The flamboyant son has been in the limelight after his arrest on Monday morning made headlines.
Kenyans took to social media to compare the stark similarities between Waititu and his son.Former Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu appears in court in 2018arrest
- Made Different18 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- CELEBRATORY18 September 2021 - 7:01 pm
- Head On18 September 2021 - 6:21 pm
- congratulations18 September 2021 - 4:01 pm
- Truth Bombs18 September 2021 - 3:55 pm
- Time Schedule18 September 2021 - 3:36 pm
- OPERATION18 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Sad incident18 September 2021 - 2:59 pm
- TITHING DIFFERENTLY18 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- details18 September 2021 - 2:08 pm
- Posh living18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Piece of advice18 September 2021 - 1:57 pm