Three women, from Nairobi's Kasarani area, are reported to have lost their lives following a boat accident at Arongo beach in Seme, Kisumu county.
Reports indicate that the boat on which they were riding lost balance and capsized after one of the occupants rose up to take a selfie.
The three met their unfortunate fate after drowning, while three others were rescued in the accident.Boats at the shore of Lake Victoria.
The three who died are said to have traveled to Seme to attend a funeral.
A search is on for two other occupants of the boat, whose whereabouts are not known.
The unfortunate incident took place on the evening of Saturday, March 20.
In a separate boat tragedy case, two contractors tasked with building the Dongo Kundu dam lost their lives after drowning in the Indian Ocean after their boat capsized.
The unfortunate incident happened near the Standard Gauge Railway terminus in Mkupe, Mombasa county on Tuesday, October 6, 2020.
The two bodies of, a foreigner, 44-year-old Santhosh Pappy from South East Asia and a Kenyan identified as Johness Otieno were retrieved on Wednesday, October 7 2020 according to Jomvu Sub-County Police Commander Alfred Nthiga,Kenya’s state of the art Ksh1.1 billion tugboat is named after the late Captain Eugene Okoth who passed away in 2016File
- RIP6 May 2021 - 11:50 am
- businessman6 May 2021 - 12:17 pm
- frustrations6 May 2021 - 12:24 pm
- Triumph6 May 2021 - 11:32 am
- Opposed6 May 2021 - 10:23 am
- Reprieve6 May 2021 - 9:40 am
- On the Spot6 May 2021 - 8:55 am
- dedication6 May 2021 - 9:25 am
- corridors of justice6 May 2021 - 8:06 am
- Revealed6 May 2021 - 7:38 am
- Revealed5 May 2021 - 8:08 pm
- details5 May 2021 - 7:27 pm