Radio presenter Shaffie Weru has disclosed that majority of his friends deserted him when he was fired from Homeboyz radio in March.
Weru and two of his co-hosts were fired after the station found the their comments on one of the morning shows 'an egregious breach of the company’s editorial policies.
"Actually, majority of the people who I expected to stand by me or have my back walked away and I’m not even judging.
"Some of them are people who used to handle my businesses, others I used to hang with on a daily when I was 'The Reverend'. I am not a foreseer to know that something like this would have happened," Weru stated.Media personality Shaffie Weru in his carFile
He added that the only time one was able to separate the chaff from the wheat is when they get caught up in serious trouble.
Additionally, Weru vowed that he would not give another 18 years of his life to another company following his exit at Homeboyz radio.
"If am going to do that, I will do it for me because it's about taking care for me," he added.
The presenter had a scandalous month in March after he and his co-hosts were accused of shaming a sexual violence survivor who narrated how her boyfriend threw her off the 12th floor of a building when she refused to spend the night at his place.
Their sentiments attracted a public outcry that cost them their job.
Weru has since landed a managerial job at Roya Group of companies. He joined the company as the Head of Entertainment.
"This is my new hustle and here we do many things... it does a lot of investments that does a lot of investments and realtor business...
"This is my new hustle. This time round I am coming out," stated Shaffie.violence fire sex
- Revoked18 September 2021 - 10:44 am
- Condemned18 September 2021 - 9:53 am
- APOLOGIES18 September 2021 - 9:13 am
- speaks out18 September 2021 - 8:36 am
- New Demands18 September 2021 - 7:52 am
- unfortunate18 September 2021 - 7:17 am
- Easing Ban17 September 2021 - 7:50 pm
- details17 September 2021 - 6:38 pm
- Rowdy crowd17 September 2021 - 4:03 pm
- Happy17 September 2021 - 7:09 pm
- creative17 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Huge Loss17 September 2021 - 4:18 pm