Kenya Power has issued a statement after a boda boda rider was electrocuted to death while washing his motorcycle in Kanduyi.
In the statement shared on Wednesday, May 19, the power company confirmed the incident terming it an unfortunate event.
The rider, Felix Kiplangat, was washing his motorbike in an oasis of water which later came into contact with a naked power cable that killed him on the spot.
The body of the decease was identified by staff from the company.Kenya Power staff working on electricity lines at Soysambu Conservancy on February 22, 2021File
"Kenya Power has today received the report of an unfortunate electrocution incident which took place at Makutano junction, Kanduyi involving a man identified as Felix Kiplangat Bor.
"Our team from the Bungoma office immediately went to the site and alerted the police of the incident," read the statement in part.
Police have since commenced investigations into this incident with the company vowing to work closely with them to ensure that this matter is brought to its rightful conclusion.
The body of the deceased moved to the Bungoma District Hospital Mortuary.
This comes a day after Kenya Power Safety Health and Environment Manager, John Guda confirmed that a total of 345 people had died due to electrocution.
The statistic is spread across a period of three years with six of them having died over the past year.
“74 percent of electrocution cases are because of unsafe public practices. We insist that the people have to safely use electricity.
“The other 26 percent can be attributed to Kenya Power operations, contractors and non-compliance standards," the KPLC manager stated.Kenya Power Building in Nairobi CBD.died death killed
- new Appointment27 September 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Not Picked27 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Changing Faces27 September 2022 - 7:38 pm
- Unfulfilled27 September 2022 - 6:51 pm
- Lucky ones27 September 2022 - 6:36 pm
- Awarded27 September 2022 - 5:21 pm
- On the spot27 September 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Powerful27 September 2022 - 4:30 pm
- role27 September 2022 - 4:34 pm
- Trend27 September 2022 - 7:23 pm
- Revealed27 September 2022 - 5:00 pm
- Working state27 September 2022 - 4:21 pm