Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru's Ksh80 million mansion in Kitisuru, Nairobi is set to be auctioned in order to settle debt arrears owed to the developers of Kihingo village.
Justice Alfred Mabeya of the Nairobi High Court allowed Waiguru's house to be put on auction in order to settle the Ksh4.5 million debt.
Court documents revealed that Kihingo directors, former Tetu MP James Gethenji and his brother Gitahi Gethenji, paid Ksh4.5 million out of Ksh7 million debt.Former Tetu MP James Ndung’u GethenjiFile
Justice Mabeya ruled that the Kihingo directors owned the property as Waiguru was yet to pay the full amount for the mansion.
He directed the property developers, Frame Consultants, to auction the mansion worth Ksh80 million or attach the property.
"In this regard, Frame Consultants can either attach or auction the property to recover its debt," judge Mabeya stated.
Waiguru, in past reports, stated that she had an agreement with a local bank in order to obtain the amount through a mortgage. However, court documents revealed that the agreement wasn't completed.
Frame Consultants stated that the Kihingo directors had failed to settle the Ksh4.5 million debt two years after the settlement deal was agreed upon.
The developers had sought for Kihingo directors to be summoned in order for them to explain if they are able to settle the debt. They also wanted Gethenji to produce their books of accounts to ascertain their claims.
However, Gethenji refuted the claims of not being able to settle the debt, adding that they were expecting Ksh40 million from Waiguru, which they would use to settle the debt.
The governor has been battling rent arrears with the Gethenji brothers over the posh house.
This led to a protracted court battle over the years as the Kihingo directors heap pressure over the governor to pay the Ksh40 million debt.The posh residential homes in Kitisuru, NairobiFile
- Made Different18 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- CELEBRATORY18 September 2021 - 7:01 pm
- Head On18 September 2021 - 6:21 pm
- congratulations18 September 2021 - 4:01 pm
- Truth Bombs18 September 2021 - 3:55 pm
- Time Schedule18 September 2021 - 3:36 pm
- OPERATION18 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Sad incident18 September 2021 - 2:59 pm
- TITHING DIFFERENTLY18 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- details18 September 2021 - 2:08 pm
- Posh living18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Piece of advice18 September 2021 - 1:57 pm