The affected Judges are from Kisumu, Nairobi and Malindi.
In a statement, Senior Judiciary Communication Officer, Zakheem Rajan indicated the transfer of the Judges of the Court of Appeal and posting of new judges.
“Chief Justice Martha Koome, in consultation with Justice Daniel Musinga the President of the Court of Appeal, has transferred some judges of Appeal and also posted the new Judges,” Rajan affirmed.Dr Imaana Laibuta was sworn in as Kenya's first blind judgeKenyans.co.ke
According to the Court of Appeal Transfer Policy, appellate judges are required to serve in one station for a period of two years only.
In the transfers which take effect from Thursday, July 1, 2021, Justice Asike Makhandia relocated from Kisumu to Nairobi as Head of the Criminal division.
Judge S. Gatembu Kairu shifted to Mombasa from Nairobi where he will carry out the role of presiding Judge.
Justice Agnes Murgor also advanced to Nairobi from Malindi.
Judges Msagha Mbogholi and Hellen Omondi were stationed at Nairobi while Mumbi Ngugi along with Francis Tuiyott have been deployed to Kisumu.
Justices Pauline Nyamweya and Jesie Lesiit were both placed in Mombasa.
The move comes after the Ministry of Public Service Youth and Gender Affairs on Friday, June 18, honoured Chief Justice Martha Koome with a thanksgiving luncheon.Lady Justice Martha Koome while she delivered judgments and rulings of the Court of Appeal via Skype on April 24, 2020.
- details30 July 2021 - 8:12 pm
- Surrender30 July 2021 - 7:56 pm
- dramatic30 July 2021 - 7:50 pm
- Tragic30 July 2021 - 6:10 pm
- sad30 July 2021 - 5:10 pm
- details30 July 2021 - 3:38 pm
- Transferred30 July 2021 - 3:14 pm
- details30 July 2021 - 3:07 pm
- No Scam Zone30 July 2021 - 3:06 pm
- Go All In30 July 2021 - 2:34 pm
- ARRESTED30 July 2021 - 2:01 pm
- Updates30 July 2021 - 1:28 pm