CJ Maraga Transfers 14 Court of Appeal Judges
The affected judges are from Nairobi, Malindi, Nyeri and Kisumu.
In a statement, deputy director public affairs and communication Catherine Wambui mentioned that the redeployment is normal and routine.
"The deployment has been done by the Hon Chief Justice in consultation with the President of the Court of Appeal," Wambui remarked.
According to the Court of Appeal Transfer Policy, appellate judges are required to serve in one station for a period of two years only.
In the transfers which take effect from April 8, 2019, Justices Erastus M. Githinji, Hannah M. Okwengu and Jamila Mohammed have been moved from Kisumu to Nairobi.
Justices Fatuma Sichale and Sankale ole Kantai have been shifted from Nyeri to Nairobi.
Judges Wanjiru Karanja and Martha Koome were transferred from Malindi to Nairobi while Roselyn Nambuye and Daniel Musinga have been moved to Nyeri from Nairobi.
Also transferred were A. Makhandia, Patrick Kiage and Otieno-Odek who have been moved to Kisumu from Nairobi.
Judges S. Gatembu Kairu and A.K. Murgor, who were also in Nairobi, have been taken to Malindi.
On February 4, Maraga transferred several senior High Court judges in what he said was based on a needs assessment.
- 17 September 2019 - 6:07 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 6:29 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:34 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 5:03 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:23 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 4:11 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:57 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 2:44 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:40 pm
- 17 September 2019 - 3:15 pm