The Law Society of Kenya (LSK) has hired veteran lawyer Dr John Khaminwa to represent the legal interests of wanted killer cop Caroline Kangogo.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Khaminwa announced that he was moving to court to seek orders barring the state from arresting Kangogo when she surrenders.
He added that Kagongo was encouraged to surrender her firearm at any branches of Khaminwa Advocates in Mombasa, Nairobi, or Malindi.An undated file image of Corporal Caroline Kangogo.File
Khaminwa has added that once the firearm is surrendered to his law firm, it will be delivered to the security forces for further processing.
Through their appeal, they want Kangogo to remain free even after she surrenders to the authorities.
He has further appealed to Kangogo to turn herself in so that she can receive effective legal representation.
LSK has been enjoined in the case together with the Director of Criminal Investigation (DCI), Inspector General of police.
The advocate was instituted to take up the case by the embattled LSK Chief Executive Officer Mercy Wambua.
This comes just a day after it emerged that she was receiving support from a rogue police unit where she is alleged to be a top assassin. Her colleagues are reportedly assisting her in a bid to protect her from being apprehended.
This was confirmed by Juja DCIO Richard Mwaura who detailed that the police bosses are believed to be part of a crime syndicate that runs notorious gangs.
Kangogo is accused of being behind the murder of two police officers, Peter Ndigwa, an ex-officer and security expert she allegedly murdered in Juja, Kiambu.
She reportedly killed her colleague, police constable John Ogweno, inside a police station in Kasarani, Nakuru County.Lawyer John KhaminwaFilemurder arrest killed assassin
- NEXT STEP16 January 2022 - 6:56 pm
- setback16 January 2022 - 7:11 pm
- Looming Crisis16 January 2022 - 5:49 pm
- Pandemonium16 January 2022 - 4:17 pm
- top secret16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- groundbreaking16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- TIPS16 January 2022 - 4:12 pm
- Sky is the Limit16 January 2022 - 2:39 pm
- reality check16 January 2022 - 3:02 pm
- appreciation16 January 2022 - 1:07 pm
- Listen Up16 January 2022 - 12:22 pm
- Warning16 January 2022 - 12:12 pm