Kenya Power in conjunction with the National Youth Service (NYS) will kick off a countrywide data-gathering exercise on all pre-paid and post-paid meters on Monday, July 19, 2021.
The purpose of this exercise is to fast-track Kenya Power’s Facilities Database (FDB) digital platform data clean-up exercise to facilitate the digitization of the network and provide the framework for the grid automation project.
The system is a Geographical Information System(GIS) application, through which the company captures analysis, manages and stores its transmission and distribution facilities data.National Youth Service Officials being addressed
The countrywide exercise, which has been funded by The World Bank Kenya under the Kenya Electricity Management Programme (KEMP) at a cost of Ksh225 Million, will be covered by 777 NYS officials which will consist of 700 servicemen and women and 70 supervisors.
The officials will have Identification badges which they must present to customers during the operation.
Citizens are urged to note that the NYS officers involved in this operation, will only be collecting meter coordinates to determine their exact location and will not engage in any revenue collection or meter reading exercise.
Kenya power also has kindly requested members of the public to provide the officials with access to their homes or premises.
In order to authenticate the identity of the NYS officer, one can follow the simple steps below;
1. dial *977#
2. Select Jua For Sure option on your phone
3. Select Contractor option
4.Enter the Officer's Identification Number (ID)
You will get a message confirming the identity of the officer.National Youth Service Director-General Matilda Sakwa
- Made Different18 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- CELEBRATORY18 September 2021 - 7:01 pm
- Head On18 September 2021 - 6:21 pm
- congratulations18 September 2021 - 4:01 pm
- Truth Bombs18 September 2021 - 3:55 pm
- Time Schedule18 September 2021 - 3:36 pm
- OPERATION18 September 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Sad incident18 September 2021 - 2:59 pm
- TITHING DIFFERENTLY18 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- details18 September 2021 - 2:08 pm
- Posh living18 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Piece of advice18 September 2021 - 1:57 pm