Safaricom PLC has announced a scheduled upgrade to its services that will result in the unavailability of some services from Saturday, July 24 at 10pm to Sunday July 25 at 8am.
In a notice, the telecommunications company stated that a few services including all products purchases, balance enquiry, Okoa Jahazi, Tunukiwa, all Bonga Points services, postpaid payment and home fibre payment will remain unavailable for 10 hours.
Other services such as calls, data, M-Pesa and sms will remain available during the stated time.A Safaricom brand ambassador instructing a customer during the launch of revamped PostPay bundles in Nairobi on March 3, 2020File
The service provider further apologised to its customers in case of any inconvenience that might be caused.
The telco explained that upgrading of its systems was meant to cause least possible interruptions that is why it was scheduled at night.
Safaricom, which started in 1993, has introduced new features over recent times in a bid to improve services for millions of subscribers.
Safaricom recently launched M-Pesa mini-application which allows users to use it on offline mode. The App is called the M-PESA Super App. They also launched M-PESA for Business App.
The new Super App allows customers to complete transactions even without data bundles or when totally offline.
In the new development, mobile subscribers will enjoy faster internet and browsing speed operating at more efficient data rates.Safaricom Chief Financial Services Officer, Sitoyo Lopokoiyit (left) and HELB CEO Charles Ringera (right) signing a partnership on mobile disbursements under HELB through M-Pesa during its official launch at the CEO’S lounge on March 2, 2021Filethieves
- New Beginnings28 September 2021 - 7:52 pm
- Solving Case28 September 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Wealth28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Blow28 September 2021 - 7:26 pm
- Merger28 September 2021 - 7:21 pm
- Step In28 September 2021 - 6:50 pm
- WIN FOR KENYA28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Barred28 September 2021 - 6:33 pm
- Inaccessible28 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- sad28 September 2021 - 5:24 pm
- Climbing the Mountain28 September 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Heated28 September 2021 - 3:59 pm