A stand off was witnessed on Friday, July 23, at the Iten mortuary in Elgeyo Mrakwet County, after the late police officer Caroline Kangogo's family was informed that a post mortem may not be conducted today.
A correspondent in the area told Kenyans.co.ke that government pathologist Johansen Oduor received information at the last minute that he was the one to conduct the autopsy.
Oduor stated that he had not organised for logistics to the Iten mortuary, hence, could not make to perform the autopsy today.Police fetch Caroline Kangogo's body from her parents' home in Anin, Elgeyo Marakwet CountyFile
Kangogo's family requested to go with the body to the home ahead of burial on Saturday, July 24, but the authorities declined.
The deceased's father, Barnaba Kibor, broke into tears saying that the family had organised the burial for Saturday, July 24.
He added that food had already been prepared for the mourners who would be attending the ceremony.
Moments later, Elgeyo Marakwet DCIO Alfred Majimbo asked the family to ferry the body to the Moi Referral Hospital for the autopsy.
Kangogo's kin, however, declined saying that they would only ferry the body home once given authorisation.
Authorities in the area stated that the Kangogo's matter was being handled by the DCH headquarters in Kiambu County.
The police officer had been on the authorities radar for allegedly killing two men.
One of the men was policer officer John Ogweno who was found shot dead in his car on Sunday, July 4, at Kasarani police station, Nakuru County.
Another man allegedly killed by Kangogo was also found dead at Dedamax Hotel in Kimbo, Juja.An undated file image of Corporal Caroline Kangogo.Filedead killed
- New Beginnings28 September 2021 - 7:52 pm
- Solving Case28 September 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Wealth28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Blow28 September 2021 - 7:26 pm
- Merger28 September 2021 - 7:21 pm
- Step In28 September 2021 - 6:50 pm
- WIN FOR KENYA28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Barred28 September 2021 - 6:33 pm
- Inaccessible28 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- sad28 September 2021 - 5:24 pm
- Climbing the Mountain28 September 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Heated28 September 2021 - 3:59 pm