- Alex Mwakideu
Media personality Alex Mwakideu has pleaded with Kenyans to help his family offset a Ksh 900,000 hospital bill for his sister who has been battling Covid-19.
On his social media pages, the radio presenter disclosed that his sister, Rozinna Mwakideu, had been in hospital for nearly a month since being diagnosed with the highly contagious viral disease.
Rozinna was receiving treatment at an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for the first two weeks before she felt better and was moved to the isolation ward.Rozinah Mwakideu (pictured) during a show on Radio JamboThe Star
"We thank God that she is now stable and about to be discharged. Due to the costly medication, equipment and special care required, the outstanding medical expenses are Ksh 900,000 on July 31, 2021," reads a statement on the presenter's page.
Mwakideu added that doctors had advised the family to take her home, noting that the hospital environment was not good for recuperating.
"We need your support. Financially, prayers and all,” he stated.
In 2019, the radio presenter lost both his mother and sister in a span of four months.
His mother died after a long illness while his sister Emmy Godin succumbed to cancer.
The government, through the Ministry of Health, has warned of a spike in Covid-19 cases and urged Kenyans to continue adhering to the set health protocols.
“We continue to implore all Kenyans, including those who have received their COVID-19 vaccines, not to let their guard down," Health CS Mutahi Kagwe stated.
He added that the government was working on increasing the number of intensive care beds.
“If you fall sick today, you will not get a hospital bed. I am not scaring you, I am telling you the reality," Kagwe added.Health CS Mutahi Kagwe address the press in May 2021Filedied
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm
- long arm of law16 September 2021 - 4:45 pm