Deputy President William Ruto’s office has spoken on reports that the DP flew to Uganda aboard a private chopper, a day after the government blocked him from leaving the country.
Media reports had indicated the DP left Nairobi for Kampala on Tuesday, August 3 afternoon, information his office has not only termed as misleading but also malicious.
The reports started making rounds after photos of choppers stationed at Wilson Airport hangers emerged with speculations that the DP opted to fly his private copter.Helicopters spotted at Wilson Airport, Nairobi on Tuesday, August 3, 2021File
Ruto’s Communication Director, Emmanuel Talam, told Kenyans.co.ke that his boss was holed up in a meeting in Nairobi.
“No! No! The DP is in his Karen office. He has not left the country,” Talam told Kenyans.co.ke.
A close associate of Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni also played cagey with the DP’s alleged tour to Uganda.
Museveni’s ally told Kenyans.co.ke that he was not aware of the recent developments.
“You should be confirming to me if he has left! Wilson Airport is in Nairobi."
“Anyway, he didn't travel. It's the team that was here which has returned to Kenya. MPs Ndindi Nyoro and Oscar Sudi,” Museveni’s associate detailed.
Insiders at Uganda Police Force in Entebbe, Uganda, concurred with Museveni’s confidant, stating that they had not been briefed on any VIP arrival at the country’s main airport, Entebbe International Airport.
Digital Strategist Dennis Itumbi and Inooro FM journalist Jeff Kuria, stated that the Royal Media Services station would interview the DP on Wednesday, August 4, two days after his altercation at Wilson Airport.
The interview was scheduled for 7 am to 9 am.Deputy President William Ruto (left) and Uganda President Yoweri Museveni (right) in Uganda
- New Beginnings28 September 2021 - 7:52 pm
- Solving Case28 September 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Wealth28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Blow28 September 2021 - 7:26 pm
- Merger28 September 2021 - 7:21 pm
- Step In28 September 2021 - 6:50 pm
- WIN FOR KENYA28 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Barred28 September 2021 - 6:33 pm
- Inaccessible28 September 2021 - 6:55 pm
- sad28 September 2021 - 5:24 pm
- Climbing the Mountain28 September 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Heated28 September 2021 - 3:59 pm